Please read "Important
Information about Ordering" and,
if you're a paid preparer,
Why e-file?, below.
To access the
Order Forms, click the appropriate button below.
After you complete the Order Form, you'll see two buttons at the bottom of the form:
- Send: Click the Send button
and you're done. Your encrypted order is sent to us over the Internet.
It's secure and it's automatic! Or...
- Print: Click the Print button
and a paper copy will be printed for you to fax or mail to us.
We accept all major credit cards for on-line orders.
Many paid tax preparers are required to e-file Form 1040 returns, as we first explained in our Summer/Fall 2011 issue of
HowardNews when the policy started.
However, even if you aren't required to e-file, there are plenty of other reasons to do so:
- Improved accuracy and compliance. IRS checks return for errors and compliance before it is
accepted for filing, so you can correct it before you file it, minimizing embarassing IRS notices to clients.
- Proof of filing date and time. IRS acknowledges every transmission, and first transmission of return
counts as filing time even when return isn't accepted for filing until days later. No more postmarks required.
- Proof of receipt by IRS. IRS sends acknowledgement once return passes
their checks, giving proof of receipt and acceptance. No more 'lost' returns.
- Faster refunds. Eliminates manual handling of paper returns,
so return is processed immediately once accepted for e-file.
- Increased customer base. Heavy IRS marketing of e-file causes customers to look for e-file providers,
so you'll keep old clients and get new ones.
- Minimized learning time during tax season. Learn now to avoid critical delays later.
It's easy with Tax Preparer, but learning the interface with the IRS can take some time.
And HowardSoft's uniquely personal customer service is always there to help you learn the e-file process and correct
any rejected returns.