Premium Level Professional for Tax Preparer by HowardSoft
Complete capabilities for professional tax preparers. The Premium
Level has everything that tax preparers need to prepare almost any return
accurately and efficiently with the professional look that clients expect:
- Full automation -- Tax Preparer can provide much more automation than
other tax software because data entry is based on custom-designed forms that collect
the information required to automate computations found in IRS instructions and
publications not just the often over-simplified instructions that appear
on the IRS forms themselves.
- Our most complete tax form set -- The forms required for nearly any income
tax return for U.S. residents are built in, and most of them can be e-filed. With twice as
many forms as our other levels, you'll virtually never be caught short.
- Unlimited number of returns -- An unlimited number of returns can be prepared,
whether filed on paper or electronically.
- Unlimited e-file -- An unlimited number of returns handled by our Premium
Level can be e-filed for a low per-return fee, and e-file specials are offered
so that you can reduce or eliminate the per-return fee through a fixed up-front charge.
In addition, bank products are available so that you can
have your fee automatically deducted from the client's refund from the IRS.
(Note that you must have an EFIN to e-file with our software, See the E-FILE
page, accessible from our main web page, for details.)
- Client management -- File management for an unlimited number of clients is built-in,
including the printing of client letters, mailing labels, and mailing/phone lists.
- IRS-approved graphic printouts -- Using the latest technology for Windows-graphic
printing, all IRS forms are printed with the look-and-feel of the IRS forms with
virtually any Windows printer. Support for traditional laser printing is also
included for those who have invested in the former standard techology of laser
printers that emulate HP LaserJet printers with tax font cartridges or soft fonts.
- IRS Forms, Instructions, and Publications -- Nearly 300 IRS documents
(forms, instructions and publications) are provided for easy on-screen viewing, searching, and printing,
all easily accessible from the Tax Preparer Control Panel. They even supply forms
not included at the Premium Level, so you can still file a complete return even when
the rare form that HowardSoft omits is needed.
- Tax Forms Guide -- An on-screen copy of our annual document is now more than 800 pages of
line-by-line data entry help for the Premium Level. It's easily accessible from the Tax Preparer Control Panel
and supports on-screen searching and hard-copy printing.
- User's Guide -- An on-screen copy of our document of nearly 300 pages of help with the
basic operation of the software is included, comprised of a Tutorial Guide and an Operating Guide.
This document is also accessible from the Tax Preparer Control Panel in a format
for easy on-screen viewing, searching, and printing.
- Expanded Tax Preparer Control Panel -- Our Tax Preparer Control Panel already provides
easy access to all HowardSoft manuals and our on-line website for special bulletins and downloads.
But for the Standard and Premium Levels it also provides
volume-free file management and access to on-screen versions of IRS documents (forms, instructions,
Volume-free file management allows you to select a client's return from the Control Panel by
the client's name, the filename you assign, or the SSN of the primary taxpayer, without ever having
to know the tax volume in which the return resides.
Forms included at the Premium Level. Our most complete tax form set is
built-in and fully-automated for the Premium Level, including, for Form 1040 returns and Form 540 returns,
Form 8453 and related e-file forms. Click the product title below to see the complete list of forms for that product.
- Tax Preparer (1040) -- More than 80 IRS forms are built in, including all the schedules
for Form 1040 and most of the IRS forms for Form 1040 returns.
- Partnership Edition (1065) -- Most of the IRS forms for partnerships are built in,
including all the schedules for Form 1065 and most forms for small and large partnerships.
- California Supplement (540) -- Most of the FTB forms for Form 540 returns are built-in,
including all the schedules for Form 540 and most forms for individuals and businesses.